Katy, who writes one of my favorite blogs, the Non-Consumer Advocate, posted recently about 5 things that make her happy. But that’s not enough for her, no way. She felt the need to temper it with 2 things that tick her off.
And I love it.
I love it so much that I may have to make it a regular feature here at 1SentenceDiary. These are just the first 5 things that come to mind, today.
5 Things That Make Me Happy Today:
- Monkey (as my daughter is known around here) made her own Halloween costume, and it is adorable! She designed it herself, and we all had a great time helping her to create it (though she did most of that as well).
- The weather is supposed to be decent around here for Halloween. The holiday is so much more fun when the weather cooperates.
- I had breakfast this morning with an old, no, I mean a long-time friend. Her life is extremely challenging at the moment, so I was extra-glad to get to spend some time with her. But the truth is, I’m always glad to see her, under any circumstances.
- Tiger (as my boyfriend is known around here). No more needs to be said. Tiger makes me happy.
- Craft projects with the kids. Today’s project, at my daughter’s insistence, was candles. Watching the kids working together, dipping wicks into melted wax. Priceless.
[If you want to see more photos of the costume or the candle-making, head on over to my Facebook page.]
And now, for balance, 2 things that annoy me:
- Cleaning up after craft projects with the kids. Although they help, it’s still a lot of work.
- Wondering what in the world we are going to do with all those candles…
So now it’s your turn. What are your 5 / 2 things?