Today I’m happy because:
- The weather is beautiful, a perfect day for the lake.
- We have plans to spend the afternoon at the lake, with a bunch of friends. (Note aforementioned weather.)
- Pumpkin is having an excellent time in Spain. At least, I assume he is, since I’ve barely heard from him. Not that I’m trying to guilt him into writing me, or anything like that…
- We finally found a way for Monkey to swallow medicine, which is an ongoing, intermittent problem at Casa 1Sentence. A friend suggested smooshing the pill and embedding it into a piece of banana. Amazing! It worked.
- Ibuprofen helped ease the pain of Monkey’s newly tightened braces so that she could fall asleep. And so could I.
- The very odd dreams I’ve been having lately are just dreams. When I wake up, I realize that I don’t have to puzzle over how to handle this weird problem, because it’s not actually reality. For example, I’m not traveling in China at the moment with a large group of people who don’t speak Chinese. So I don’t have to worry about that right now :-).
- I know nothing about “dream theory” so I feel no need to analyze my odd dreams.
- I have a porch which made a very pleasant (if small) place to sit and hang out with friends last night. An outdoor space is only useful for a few months in this crazy climate, but during those months I really enjoy it.
- I also enjoy said friends! Such a pleasant evening last night with a simple dinner and relaxed conversation on the porch. (But I do have to ask: Why do we have to wait for a catalyst such as a mutual friend visiting from a foreign country before we get together?)
- We made s’mores for dessert last night. Triple bonus: I got to eat s’mores, I got to share them with friends (especially the kids) who had never tried them before, and I got to retell the story of the first time that Monkey had a s’more. It’s one of my all-time-favorite stories.
- In just over a week Tiger will be moving here. And that makes me very happy indeed.
What are you happy about today?
Image: Levitate at the Lake by Open Threads via flickr under a Creative Commons license
This post is linked to Top Ten Tuesday
Just reading this made me happy. I love this diary of yours. You’re a wonderful writer.
Aw, shucks! Thanks for the kind words, Shira. I’m glad you like it! I’m having a lot of fun.
I’m happy because I had mango pudding for dinner!
Yum! Mango pudding sounds delish. Recipe?
Pingback: Welcome Non-Consumer Advocate Readers « 1 Sentence Diary
Pingback: Weekend Happiness « 1 Sentence Diary